A newborn takes about 3 hours to photograph, sometimes less if the baby is a good sleeper. We’ll take breaks, so you can feed the baby and keep them full and happy.
We have lots of hats, flowers/headbands and other accessories for newborns, but please feel free to bring any cute hats or cuddly blankets (especially ones with lots of texture) to personalize the photos. We pretty much keep the babies naked the whole shoot, so bringing outfits is not necessary. It’s also good when dressing your newborn, that you dress them lightly, like in a onesie, so that we don’t have to disturb them too much when taking them out of the carseat. And, please don’t stress about them peeing (or worse) on my stuff. It will happen. And we will wash it. It’s not a big deal, we’re very used to it. We’ll happily do laundry for the sake of cute pictures.
- Lots of diapers and wipes
- Extra blankets, especially if you have any blankets or quilts with lots of texture
- A binky (this is very helpful if they take one)
- A bottle with breastmilk or formula (this saves a ton of time if we can just feed them the bottle instead of nursing)
- A black long-sleeve shirt for mom and/or dad